It’s Day 1 of the challenge I gave myself. 31 days of Halloween-inspired drawings of what could possibly be in or sell in the Idea Emporium. I’ve invited all of you who visit to exercise your creative muscles by creating to the prompts a poem, a scribble or doodle, a creation.
Today’s offering: Floating Witch Hats! Guaranteed for a good time. Buy one or a few for your each mood. Sold in the Fashion Department, all designed by our resident fairy designer, Designing Fairy.
I’m so excited!
Join me in this experiment to play, created in my Invention Room in my Idea Emporium.
A few facts:
- Do I have to post every day? You can post once, a bunch, or all 31 days. Post on Instagram or Facebook, or Pinterest or whatever. Tag it: #ideaemporiumhalloween so we can bounce around the net and see your creations. The challenge is in that you play at all, not on how many days you participate! (I totally tanked the last 100 Day Project challenge).
- I can’t draw! Well, then post a poem, a sonnet, a funny line, a photograph, a doodle, a sewing project, a song, part of your novel, basically, a creation. Get out there and be your creative self. Each number on the list of prompts is a day in October. That creative prompt is your muse! Such as, 4, is October 4th, which is Magical Mushroom is the prompt.
- What is the Idea Emporium? It’s my imaginary mall, of course. A place where the imagination can play safely. It’s filled with lessons and inspiration, and magical crows. Look around and see what’s here to get a sense of the themes. (It’s also a book in the making). Be sure to sign up for the newsletter!
- Can my kids play? Of course. The challenge is for folks of all ages.
- Any other rules? Play nice with each other. Only post original creations that are yours. No cheating. No running with scissors. No trolling. And no spamming or catfishing each other.
- Why are you doing this? I’m going to Graduate School for Education/Instructional Design, and it’s been busy, busy, and I didn’t want to lose touch with my drawing. I also crave real creative connections and friends on Social Media, and wanted to get everyone together for one creative party.
- So let’s have fun! It’s an experiment so we might have three people, we might have hundreds. We don’t know. Hopefully, everyone’s creative juices will be overflowing from this experiment and you will pick up the pen, the paper or the sewing needle again! I will be sharing my posts on Instagram, FB, and Pinterest, and right here and they will be doodles and drawings.
Here’s the prompts:
The Halloween challenge!
Sew, draw, doodle, illustrate, cook, write, craft, a thing a day following the Halloween challenge.
Number 3? That’s October 3rd.
Make things that would be suitable for selling in the imaginary, magical Idea Emporium. What aisle or department would it be sold in? The Garden, Bakery, Fashion department or Invention Room?
Then post to Instagram, Twitter or Facebook and tag #ideaemporiumhalloween.
And tell a friend! Creativity loves company.
I will be sharing my submissions here and on Instagram.
Will you be joining me?
Flying Mushrooms now on sale half off this week only.